Thursday, July 14, 2011

We're getting married!

So its been brought to my attention that I haven't posted any pictures in a really long time.  Its because I've been busy wedding planning! :)  Tyler took me on a wonderful trip to Charleston, South Carolina over Memorial Day weekend and proposed the first evening right before we went to dinner.  And he caught it on camera!  I obviously didn't take the next two pictures - the proposal was caught with my camera timer.  Tyler's super sneaky!

I'm in shock!



Celebratory dinner at Husk
The next morning I had signed Tyler and me up for a photography tour.  It was basically a history walking tour around Charleston, and the tour guide would point out some good photo opportunities.  Tyler used our $70 digital Wal-Mart camera - I'll just post pictures from my camera though. :)

Oh, and one thing to note - I received my 35mm 1.8 lens right before we left on vacation, so all of the following pictures are taken with that lens.  You'll see how the depth of field is really small on some of these pictures - that's because I had the lens open really wide. :)
Bibles and Hymnals in a pew in the oldest church in Charleston

The locals wove these baskets from sweet grass.  They are REALLY expensive, but get passed down throughout generations.

Charleston has a ton of architectural details.  Everywhere you looked there was something unique.

The houses are old and original to Charleston.  These line East Bay Street, right on the water.

Here are just some other pictures I took from our trip:
Tyler and I came to this candy store twice :)

We had lots of celebratory wine!

Donkeys everywhere!

Overall it was such a perfect trip.  I had a perfect proposal from an amazing guy, we ate lots of amazing Southern food, saw a ton of amazing things, and was able to bring all these pictures home to remember our trip. :)

1 comment: