Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fun with shutter speed!

For the 4th of July (I know, that was MONTHS ago) Tyler and I made a last minute decision to head outside the loop and head up to Addison for the yearly Kaboomtown fireworks display. We went to Wal-mart and bought some lawn chairs and beer, and parked ourselves in the middle of a huge field with about 800 other people. During my very first photography class, the teacher showed some pictures to illustrate shutter speed.  They looked like some weird amoebas and we weren't really sure what he was trying to show us, until he revealed that they weren't part of some science experiment, they were fireworks!  He had talked about how he left the shutter in his camera open for several seconds while spinning his camera around, and how the result was these awesome looking photos.  I thought that this 4th of July fireworks display was my opportunity to try out this technique.  Below are some of my resulting images:

Getting ready for the show






I think these shots are super fun.  Hope you like them too!

-n

1 comment:

  1. crazy fun! Ash has a program like this on her ipad!

    Glad for an update! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete