Friday, May 6, 2011

It's zoom time!

So I've been unacceptably busy lately with weddings, work, and lots of extracurriculars, so I haven't posted any pictures in a very long time - so sorry.  However, I do have some photo updates that I'd like to share:


  1. I graduated from photography class at Brookhaven!  It was a lot of fun and I made some friends in class.  There was some information that was review from the original class I took which helped reinforce those things, and then some new things that I learned as well.  The last two classes we did studio shooting which was a lot of fun too.
  2. I ordered the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 lens that I talked about it my last post - HOWEVER, its completely sold out everywhere and no one knows when they'll be getting it in.  So sad.  I could buy it for $400+ from retailers that currently have it, but I've opted for the $199 + free shipping that I found, and I'll just have to be patient.
  3. Since we all know that I am NOT patient, I bought another lens, which I found on a super sale, which I've already received!  I ordered the 50-200mm f/4.5-5.6 VR zoom lens, and I'm super excited about it.  I've been thinking I needed more zoom power when I've wanted to take pictures of something far away, and this option was rated really high and was a great value, and it has the vibration reduction technology, so that will help with any blur since the focal length will be so long.  I think it will be a great lens for me to have with me on our trip to Charleston!  Here's what it looks like:



So Tyler has left me for the weekend (sad) but I'm on a mission to take some pictures for a new post by Sunday night.  Check back then for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment