Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's Austin time!

So this weekend, Tyler and I made a quick trip to Austin to see my friend Lisa get married. Before the wedding, we met up with Tyler's family for lunch and then visited with them afterwards at their new "log cabin" they just moved into.  I took a few pictures of their property for Nicole to share with friends, but I also was able to take my first kid pictures of her daughter Ashton.  Lucky for me, Ashton was more than willing to be my model.  One thing to note - I was feeling adventurous so this was my first time to switch off of aperture mode and onto manual mode - SCARY!  I definitely could tell a difference in my pictures when I set the shutter speed and aperture in different ways.  My goal is to continue to shoot on manual mode as much as possible so I can learn more about how to manipulate the light coming into the camera.  Here are a few pics of Ashton:


They also have a great dog with big brown eyes, Bailey:


And they also have a pony as a neighbor! This pony came running across a field just to say hello to us:



What do you think?

-n

1 comment:

  1. I love them! Thank you so much! We enjoyed having you guys out to the house and cant wait for you to come back and relax more (in the pool) when it is warmer!

    ReplyDelete